Wednesday, October 14, 2009

more complaints...

I got my complaint published on the site www.consumeraffairs.com
Here's the link to the page with all the complaints.
Browsing the website, it seems Gateway has had several user who got a "lemon" and didn't get their pc replaced, nor money refunded. I'm going to send a letter to the General Attorney Office in order to try and settle this complaint. And I'm gonna ask for my money back, because I'm afraid the replacement they would send me could even be worse than what I already have...

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I really like my P-7811FX. One thing I decided to get for it was a high-quality laptop cooler, in order to limit any high temperatures in the GPU.
    The one I chose is the Cryo_LX from a company called NZXT. I encourage you to check that out. I ordered via NewEgg and have been very pleased with how my laptop has been able to run cooler.
    Yes I agree you shouldn't *have* to order such a thing, but I'm happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it's not just an overheating problem I think. I tried The Sims 3 and Dawn of Conquest (or whatever it's called) and even though the graphics card temperature seems fine, the computer freezes after less than 15 min I start playing. The only way is to turn all the graphics to the lowest settings and reduce the game resolution too. I don't know what's wrong with my laptop, but a cooling pad won't solve the situation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the nzxt cryo for my 7811, and while it does cool the computer a few degrees, it does not solve the crashing problem, which appears to be much deeper than an overheating problem.

    -joseph

    ReplyDelete